Five hints that it’s time to replace your HVAC
As a seasoned HVAC technician, I’ve personally observed the evident symptoms that a homeowner needs to replace their HVAC system.
Ignoring these warning signs may result in future costly repairs, increased energy costs, and decreased energy efficiency.
The top 5 indicators that it’s time to update your HVAC system are as follows:
- Age: An HVAC system has a 15 to 20 year lifespan on average. It’s probably time to think about replacing your system if it’s getting close to or beyond this age range.
- Breakdowns that happen frequently: If you’re calling for repairs more often than you used to, your HVAC system may be nearing the end of its useful life.
- Poor indoor air quality: If you’ve noticed more dust or allergies in your house, it may be an indication that your HVAC system isn’t filtering the air as effectively as it once did.
- Rising energy costs: If you’ve observed an abrupt rise in your energy costs without a commensurate rise in usage, it may indicate that your HVAC system is working harder to maintain the same level of comfort.
- Strange noises: If your HVAC system is making strange noises, it may be a sign that there are mechanical problems that need to be fixed.
In conclusion, the signs that your HVAC system needs to be replaced can be subtle, but ignoring them can lead to less comfort, higher energy bills, and expensive repairs.
- If your HVAC system is getting close to or past its average lifespan of 15-20 years,
- if you’re calling for repairs more often,
- if the air quality in your home is getting worse,
- if your energy bills are going up,
- or if it’s making strange noises
it may be time to think about replacing it.
A trained HVAC technician can help you figure out if you need to replace your system and what options you have.
By upgrading to a new HVAC system, you can save more energy, improve the quality of the air inside, and lower your energy bills over time.
Don’t wait until your system breaks down completely; take action now to make sure your home is comfortable and uses less energy.